The library has opportunities for students in middle school and high school, or adults 18 and older, to volunteer inside the library or locally in the community.
Your contributions will provide an enriching experience for you and your neighbors.
The Middle Squad
Join The Middle Squad to stay involved over summer break or keep busy during the school year.
- Have fun while fulfilling service hour requirements
- Want to get involved? Fill out an application today
- Whether you volunteer during the school year or over summer break, we show our appreciation with end-of-program “thank you” parties!
For information regarding middle school volunteer opportunities, please contact our Middle School Librarian
High School Summer Volunteer Program
Learn new skills and build your résumé by joining the High School Summer Volunteer Program. Between June and August, gain experience with clerical tasks, create digital
High School Leadership Council
The High School Leadership Council at Glen Ellyn Public Library meets September – May. Homeschool, Glenbard South, Glenbard West, St. Francis, Montini, Fenwick, Wheaton Academy, or Benet Academy students are invited to apply.
- Develop leadership and teamwork skills in a supportive environment
- Participate in activities like setting up long-term goals or completing one-day projects
- Depending on your skills and interests, perform tasks that we think you’ll enjoy
For information regarding high school volunteer opportunities, please contact our Young Adult Librarian
Find additional opportunities for teenagers to volunteer outside the library.
Volunteer opportunities for adults include
Help deliver library materials to members of the community who are permanently or temporarily unable to visit the library. Please fill out our volunteer application if you are interested in becoming a long-term home delivery volunteer. Please check “applying for specific position” and specify “home delivery.”
Become a trained facilitator and volunteer to work with the Next Chapter Book Club.
Additional Volunteer Opportunities
For more information regarding home delivery, materials processing, and other volunteer opportunities at the library, please contact the library by email at director followed by @gepl.org.