Keep your devices charged with charging stations in the Youth Department, on the 2nd floor, and near The Cafe.
The library has opportunities for students in middle school and high school, or adults 18 and older, to volunteer inside the library or locally in the community.
Your contributions will provide an enriching experience for you and your neighbors.
The Middle Squad
Join The Middle Squad to stay involved over summer break or keep busy during the school year.
- Have fun while fulfilling service hour requirements
- Want to get involved? Fill out an application today
- Whether you volunteer during the school year or over summer break, we show our appreciation with end-of-program “thank you” parties!
For information regarding middle school volunteer opportunities, please contact our Middle School Librarian
High School Summer Volunteer Program
Learn new skills and build your résumé by joining the High School Summer Volunteer Program. Between June and August, gain experience with clerical tasks, create digital
High School Leadership Council
The High School Leadership Council at Glen Ellyn Public Library meets September – May. Homeschool, Glenbard South, Glenbard West, St. Francis, Montini, Fenwick, Wheaton Academy, or Benet Academy students are invited to apply.
- Develop leadership and teamwork skills in a supportive environment
- Participate in activities like setting up long-term goals or completing one-day projects
- Depending on your skills and interests, perform tasks that we think you’ll enjoy
For information regarding high school volunteer opportunities, please contact our Young Adult Librarian
Find additional opportunities for teenagers to volunteer outside the library.
Volunteer opportunities for adults include
Help deliver library materials to members of the community who are permanently or temporarily unable to visit the library. Please fill out our volunteer application if you are interested in becoming a long-term home delivery volunteer. Please check “applying for specific position” and specify “home delivery.”
Become a trained facilitator and volunteer to work with the Next Chapter Book Club.
Additional Volunteer Opportunities
For more information regarding home delivery, materials processing, and other volunteer opportunities at the library, please contact the library by email at director followed by @gepl.org.
Our GEPL e-newsletters provide general and interest-specific information about the library. Join now!
- Choose Bookmark It! and receive an email each Sunday evening about upcoming library events
- Choose Meet the Artist and receive an invitation to our monthly Meet the Artist reception for personal interaction and viewing of the featured artwork
- Choose The Middle Files and receive monthly emails that contain book reviews and suggestions, middle school member profiles, and activities for grades 6-8
- Choose L2B Communications and receive monthly emails about tools that will help you start, improve, or grow your small business or non-profit
Ask us anything with our online chat! Send an instant message to a library staff member, and an available librarian will assist you or direct your question accordingly.
- Find our online chat on the GEPL contact page
Visit the Lobby Display to find new titles and featured HotPicks selected by library staff.
Check the Library for new topics on display each month!
Magazines, books, and audiobooks from the library’s Business Collection
The Village of Glen Ellyn Environmental Commission
Recommendations for environmentally-friendly living
In The News
Keep up with current events and popular topics
Displayed in the lounge
Books that take place in metro Chicago or whose author who lives in the Chicagoland area. Learn more.
Come visit one of the library’s print spots to print documents and make copies, or print your materials from outside of the library using our wireless printing service.
- Print in color for 50 cents a page or black and white for 10 cents a page using a library computer or our wireless printing service
- Copy items for 50 cents a page for color copies or 10 cents a page for black and white
- Scan your documents and photos and save, print, or share the images using the library’s SimpleScan Station on the 2nd floor
- Find detailed instructions and more information about wireless printing at GEPL
Record and edit podcasts or make a masterpiece with iMovie in our soundproof Digital Media Lab.
- Use the green screen, high-quality stereo speakers, and Adobe Creative Cloud to promote your business and unleash your creativity.
- Get professional sound with wall panel sound diffusers and an electric guitar
- Use the mini-lighting studio to take quality pictures of your products
- Learn new programs like Final Cut Pro and iMovie
- Bring your library card and a photo ID
- For more information, please visit the 2nd Floor Information Desk or contact our Instruction Librarian and Business Liaison
Visit the library’s Conversion Room to save your old VHS tapes!
- Gather your negative film, vinyl records, cassette tapes, and slides and transform them into something new at the Glen Ellyn Public Library
- Please bring your library card and a photo ID
- For more information, any Adult Department Librarian would be happy to assist
Find a Mac or PC laptop to borrow for up to three hours at a time at the Youth or 2nd Floor Information desk.
- High school students and adults must present a state or student ID
- For more detailed information, please contact our Information Technology Manager