Reading aloud to your child is one of the best things you can do to prepare them for kindergarten. Collect a prize and start a new log after every 100 books you complete. Download a 1K Club log to keep track of each book you read.
- A thousand books may seem like a lot of hard work, but if you read one book every night, you’ll have read over 1,000 books in three years. Read three books a day to complete the program in a year!
- Reading aloud can help develop essential pre-reading skills and raise lifelong readers
- Everything read to the child counts: re-reads, reads at preschool or storytimes, and books from both inside and outside of the library
- Register at the Youth Desk
- For more information, please contact our Early Literacy Librarian